Celestron posted the new Edge 800 HD Focal Reducers up for preorder at their website today. Initial pricing to be $299, $300 less than the Edge HD 1100 and Edge HD 1400 focal reducers. The design is based on a 4 element design manufactured from “rare earth” Lanthanum glass, designed to provide clear high contrast views while limiting chromatic abberation. All air to glass elements are coated maximizing color correction and light transmission. Each element is also blackened on the edges to reduce intenal reflections while maximizing contrast. I will be placing order for this focal reducer, this will open up a whole new window of imaging opportunities with my Edge 800 HD ota based on the increase in FOV, very excited about this release. I am also looking forward to being able to spend more time imaging with the full f-stop gain. This equates to less dropped images and more time spent gathering lights!
- The EdgeHD .7x Focal Reducer Lens makes your EdgeHD 800 one full f-stop faster than f/10, halving the exposure time necessary at F/10, greatly reducing mount demands, and allowing more time to be spent capturing useable images!
- Maintains similar flat-field performance as native EdgeHD optical design
- Increases field of view by 43% (double by area) to better capture wide field images
- Optimized for APS-C sized sensors, including most DSLR cameras and Nightscape CCD cameras
- Provides generous 105mm back focus to accomodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras
- Compatible with EdgeHD 800 T-adapter
Price for PreOrder $299.95
To read more from Celestron Use the Following Link: http://www.celestron.com/astronomy/edgehd-7x-reducer-lens-8-inch.html